Wednesday, October 24, 2012

Mother's Day Vanity



Beautiful detail!


I hinted and hinted and even sent a link to my husband. I saw this on Craig's List and wanted it so bad! I don't know why! Well on Mother's day 2012 he brought it home to me! I was so excited! But what should I do with it? I debated just cleaning it and leaving it as is since it was so beautiful, but something kept telling me to PAINT IT! What? Paint over stain? My mom would have a cow! But I went against my upbringing and dove in once school was out. My friend and I had a painting week in my garage-my husband said we only had a week before he wanted it back (BTW--he really never got it back, other projects took over.) So off to Sherwin Williams I went and pick out a light white...I just buy the samples because it works great and I don't have TONS of paint left over.. After cleaning it I started painting!

 

After painting it I knew I had to distress it! I had to find a way to make the details POP! :)
So using light sandpaper I started sanding away...Then I added a little glaze on the drawers only.
Here is the final project and I just love it!! You can see all the detail that you couldn't see when it was just stained.
 I did put the mirror back on..not sure why I don't have a picture of it with the mirror. :)
I have it in my bedroom now..I'm thinking one day I MIGHT sell it, but for now I want to enjoy it! :)


1 comment: